Website Explora BioLabs
We are seeking a laboratory animal Veterinary Technician to join the Veterinary Services department and expand our team in the Watertown, MA area. Our mission is to provide excellent service and support for clients and internal teams at Explora’s Vivarium-as-a-Service facilities. We are dedicated to providing excellent animal care, progressive veterinary medicine, and expert lab animal science knowledge. This is an opportunity to join our team during a time of growth and expansion.
-Must have a Bachelor’s degree or be a certified veterinary technician or have equivalent experience.
-At least 4 years of experience in lab animal care.
-Proficiency with a variety of Technical skills (dosing, sample collection, necropsy, etc.) and experience and Animal Biosafety Levels 1 and 2.
-Proficiency with basic computer programs such as MS Word and MS Excel
-Must have excellent customer service, written communication, and organizational skills.
-Certified by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science as a Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT) is preferred.
-Understand and follow all Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
-Restrain, handle, and manipulate various animal species.
-Monitor the health status of all in-house animals.
-Identify and communicate animal health issues to veterinarians and alert them to emergencies.
-Administer clinical treatments as directed (topical, PO, IM, SQ, IV).
-Calculate drug dosages and administration frequencies.
-Perform routine treatments related to animal health and welfare, as directed by veterinarians.
– Operate anesthesia equipment, or related equipment.
– Perform health rounds and treatments on weekend/holiday shifts and occasional evenings.
– Collect and submit diagnostic samples.
– Assist with husbandry and general facility operations duties as needed.
-Assist with recording supply inventory and animal census.
-Assist with contract research study execution including data collection, dose administration, surgical procedures, sample collection, and euthanasia.
– Assist in training and mentoring other staff.
– Assist in the development and maintenance of facility SOPs.
-Assist in maintaining AAALAC accreditation standards.
– Perform routine IACUC post-approval monitoring.
– Perform all duties with professionalism at all times.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com