Become a Member
The Society’s mission is: To promote and enhance biomedical and biological research, including the humane care and use of animals, for the improved health and well-being of people, animals and the environment.
To implement this mission, we foster better understanding of biomedicine by improving basic literacy in, and
enthusiasm for the life sciences among the public, the media, legislators and future generations of citizens and scientists.
Services to Members
- Professional development seminars and workshops with a focus on IACUCs, IBCs and other oversight committees, communications,
- Focused training for IACUC community members
- Customized programs and workshops on-site for member organizations
- Legislative and regulatory monitoring for issues that affect research in New England, including issues affecting animal research
- Security tracking and updates, particularly with regard to animal rights extremism
- Contact with journalists on stories of importance to our members and mission
- Counseling on matters of security and crisis communications preparedness and response for members of the research institution’s management, public relations and animal care teams.
- Pertinent news and information through e-alerts and the monthly MSMR e-UPDATE
- Free job posting service
Services to Students, Teachers and the Public
- Outreach and education about animal research via presentations, letters to editors, conferences
- The award-winning What A Year! on-line science series for middle- and high-school students
- Classroom materials created by us and others
- Speakers for schools, conferences, professional meetings
- Annual student essay/poster/webpage contests
- Background and contacts for journalists
Call the MSMR office at 978-251-1556 or e-mail us a email@example.com.